The Kvaser U100 is a robust, single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interface with reinforced galvanic isolation that squarely addresses the needs of the evolving automotive development market. Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet, this is the first in a new range of interfaces that is also suited to rugged applications in marine, industrial, heavy duty vehicle and heavy industries.
With enhanced protection of its own electrical circuits, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling, the Kvaser U100 establishes a new reference in CAN interface design. At the same time, the U100 promises to drive down cost of ownership, whilst providing additional revenue opportunities for partners.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation)
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers
- Powered through the USB connector
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE
- IP67 rated
- DB-9 connector (other connectors available soon)
- Intelligent LED UI
- Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC rms applied for 60 seconds.
- Industrial grade temperature range
- 20000 msg/s send and recieve, each timestamped with a resolution of 100 μs
- Support for SocketCAN
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware
- with Kvaser CANlib
- Bitrate 10-1000 kbps (CAN FD up to 8 Mbit/s)
- 1 CAN/CANFD channel
- Temp range -40 – 85°C
- Weight 167 g
- Length 128 mm
- Height 26 mm
- Compatible with Linux, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- Typical current consumption 250 mA
- 2 year warranty
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.