The Kvaser U100 is a robust, single-channel CAN/CAN FD to USB interface with reinforced galvanic isolation that squarely addresses the needs of the evolving automotive development market. Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet, this is the first in a new range of interfaces that is also suited to rugged applications in marine, industrial, heavy duty vehicle and heavy industries.
With enhanced protection of its own electrical circuits, a vibration, shock and drop-proof housing and high-quality cabling, the Kvaser U100 establishes a new reference in CAN interface design. At the same time, the U100 promises to drive down cost of ownership, whilst providing additional revenue opportunities for partners.
Download Device Data Sheet
Download User’s Guide
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s (with correct physical layer implementation)
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers
- Powered through the USB connector
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Lightweight, glass fibre reinforced polyamide housing, overmolded with TPE
- IP67 rated
- DB-9 connector (other connectors available soon)
- Intelligent LED UI
- Reinforced galvanic isolation, design validated with 5000 VAC rms applied for 60 seconds.
- Industrial grade temperature range
- 20000 msg/s send and recieve, each timestamped with a resolution of 100 μs
- Support for SocketCAN
- Compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet
- Fully compatible with applications written for other Kvaser CAN hardware
- with Kvaser CANlib
- Bitrate 10-1000 kbps (CAN FD up to 8 Mbit/s)
- 1 CAN/CANFD channel
- Temp range -40 – 85°C
- Weight 167 g
- Length 128 mm
- Height 26 mm
- Compatible with Linux, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10
- Typical current consumption 250 mA
- 2 year warranty
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types!
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.