Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS is a configuration-free wireless CAN bridge that achieves predictable latency, without sacrificing stability or range. Comprising a preconfigured pair of plug-and-play units to rapidly exchange raw CAN data, the Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS is designed for environments or situations that make wired connection unsuitable or challenging e.g. between two moving parts that are connected by CAN.
There are two versions: (00808-3) Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS is approved for the European Union, while (01008-6) Kvaser Air Bridge Light HS (FCC) complies with US certification. Both share the same functionality but have different radio transmission schemes due to regulatory differences.
- A preconfigured pair of units that acts as a wireless CAN bridge
- Plug and Play, Driver Free and Configuration Free
- Automatic Baudrate Detection (125K, 250K, 500K, 1M)
- Point to Point Radio Link
- Range up to 70 m
- Message latency 4.8 ms
- 2.4 GHz Proprietary Protocol
- High noise immunity (uses GFSK with FHSS)
- Internal Antenna Design, Antenna Output Power max 18 dBm approx.
- High-Speed CAN Connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN2.0A) and 29- bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers
- Power Supplied through the CAN Bus Interface
- Rugged Aluminum Housing
- Note: Error Frames and Arbitration information are not transmitted by the Air Bridge units across the wireless link