The LIN to CAN/RS-232 Gateway can be used to interface LIN bus to CAN or RS-232. It can act as both LIN Master and Slave, and is available in two variants – LIN to CAN and LIN to RS-232. A typical use-case is to control or monitor a LIN bus from a PLC with RS-232 port over the gateway device, or simply to bridge a LIN network to a CAN bus.
LIN-RS232 Universal Gateway
The universal gateway (p/n: LIN-RS232-GW) provides a communication protocol over RS-232 which allows the user to configure the gateway and simulate LIN Master, LIN Slave, or a LIN sniffer. The user can transmit and receive LIN frames over the gateway, or simply monitor LIN bus communication. This provides the user a full control of the LIN bus communication.
The LIN-RS232 converter can act as:
- LIN Master
- LIN Slave
- LIN Monitor (communication sniffer)
The communication protocol over RS-232 allows the user to:
- Configure the LIN channel (Master/Slave, Baud Rate, Checksum type)
- Transmit: Master Request, Master Responses
- Receive: Slave Responses
- Simulate Slave
- Sniffer: receive all LIN communication
The device‘s firmware is customizable on request and can be flashed into the device via CAN bus or RS-232 respectively. Source code examples (CAN, LIN, RS-232, Timer) can be provided on request so that the user can develop his own application based on the device. We can also provide a full LIN stack (C code).
- LIN to RS-232 or LIN to CAN Gateway/Converter
- LIN-RS232 available with universal firmware for easy integration
- Supports LIN v1.x a v2.x
- Supports LIN Master/Slave
- LIN Master’s 1 kOhm pull-up resistor can be enabled by software
- 2x DSUB-9 (1x LIN, 1x CAN or RS-232 respectively)
- Power 9-30 VDC
- 4x LED (3x status, 1x power)
- Reset switch
- Microchip dsPIC33
- Dimensions 108 x 54 x 30 mm
- Can be placed on table or mounted on a DIN rail (a clip needed)
- Firmware upgradable via CAN or RS-232
- Firmware customizable on request
|LIN-RS232-GW||LIN to RS-232 Gateway with universal firwmware|
|LIN-RS232||LIN to RS-232 Gateway (without firmware – to be developed by customer)|
|LIN-CAN||LIN to CAN bus Gateway|
How To Order
Contact us for getting a price quotation.