Designed for troubleshooting any CAN-based (controller area network) system, the Kvaser Memorator Light HS is an easy-to-use tool for logging serial data, with no preconfiguration or software setup required. With an autobaud function that determines CAN bus bit rate, the Kvaser Memorator Light can be attached to any high-speed CAN bus without configuration. All CAN bus traffic is logged in a circular buffer, overwriting the oldest data when the buffer becomes full. A separate circular buffer keeps track of error frame conditions and the message traffic that occurs near the conditions.
- Single high-speed CAN channel (compliant with ISO 11898-2).
- Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
- Supports bit rates from 10 Kbit/sec up to 1 Mbit/sec.
- Auto detects bit rate – removes the need for configuration.
- Always in silent mode – log bus traffic without interfering.
- 1 GByte of internal memory for message storage.
- All received CAN frames recorded in a circular buffer – oldest data overwritten by newest.
- A second circular buffer records 1000 messages before and after an error frame occurs.
- The Kvaser Memorator Light extraction software provides easy access to the recorded data when connected to the device via a USB port. The tool supports multiple formats used by popular analysis software. In addition, the extraction software allows the user to clear and reinitialize the device’s memory
- Temp range -40 – 85 °C
- Length 90 mm
- Height 25 mm
- Weight 150 g
- Bitrate 10-1000 kbps
- Interfaces USB
Quick Start Guide