The Kvaser Leaf v3 represents one of the easiest and lowest-cost methods of connecting a computer to a CAN bus network in order to monitor and transmit CAN and CAN FD data. With its standard USB 2.0 connector and 9-pin D-SUB connector, the Leaf v3’s sleek, ergonomically designed housing is both robust enough for everyday use and small and flexible enough to be used in space-constrained applications.
The Leaf v3 can handle up to 20 000 messages per second, each time-stamped with a 50-microsecond accuracy. No external power is needed and galvanic isolation is standard.
- 20 000 messages per second, each time stamped with a resolution of 50 μs.
- Supports CAN FD, up to 8 Mbit/s.
- Powered through the standard USB type “A” connector.
- Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
- Supports silent mode for analysis tools – listen to the bus without interfering.
- Galvanic isolation comes as standard on the Leaf v3, enhancing protection from power surges or electrical shocks.
- Use with Kvaser’s free general-purpose CAN monitoring software and a wide variety of advanced software for ECU development, diagnostics and calibration from Kvaser’s network of Technical Associates.
- Support for SocketCAN.
- Host OS Windows (7 or later), Linux.
- Supports J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000® and DeviceNet when paired with advanced software from one of our many Technical Associates.
- Supports simultaneous use of multiple Kvaser interfaces.
YouTube: Introducing the Kvaser Leaf v3
2-Year Warranty. See our General Conditions and Policies for details. Register your product at kvaser.com/getting-started for an additional 1-year Warranty Extension.
Free Technical Support on all products available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documentation, software and drivers can be downloaded for free at kvaser.com/download.
- Kvaser CANLIB SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, and Visual Basic.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share a common software API. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types.
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- On-line documentation in Windows HTML-Help and Adobe Acrobat format.