The Kvaser Ethercan HS is a powerful, real-time Ethernet to CAN interface that, when linked over the Internet to an Ethernet-equipped PC, allows CAN data to be remotely accessed from anywhere in the world. Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates the need for a separate power cable when you can’t power the device from the CAN bus.
Kvaser’s Ethercan product range makes it easy to implement the Internet of Things (IoT) concept by enabling data from any CAN product or system to be sent over a corporate network or WAN, using the standard Kvaser CANlib API. Users of the Kvaser Ethercan HS can also choose to connect to the device using the built-in REST API for web-enabled devices, such as smartphones.
As a programmable interface, the Kvaser Ethercan HS is suited to advanced applications, such as ECU reflashing. For example, a t program could be created to process CAN messages locally in the device, removing the latency of WiFi and/or Ethernet.
- High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
- Networked CAN interface with Kvaser t programmability.
- Supports Kvaser REST API, enabling CAN data exchange with a variety of web-enabled devices.
- Time stamp accuracy of 25 µs.
- Ethernet connection has auto-MDIX, so it automatically detects and adjusts for the Ethernet cable being used.
- Built-in Power over Ethernet (PoE) – receives data and power over the Ethernet cable.
- Also receives power over CAN so the Ethercan can be powered through devices such as the Kvaser DB9-Power Inlet.
- Small, lightweight plastic housing with galvanic isolation.
- Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000R and DeviceNet.
- Includes Ethercan Factory Reset Device. This device provides the ability to reset the Ethercan’s IP address to factory defaults at the push of a button.
- DUSB9 connector for CAN, RJ-45 connector for Ethernet
- Documentation, Kvaser CANlib SDK and drivers can be downloaded for free at www.kvaser.com/downloads.
- Kvaser CANlib SDK is a free resource that includes everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN interfaces. Includes full documentation and many program samples, written in C, C++, C#, Delphi, Visual Basic, Python and the Kvaser t programming language.
- All Kvaser CAN interface boards share the common software API, CANlib SDK. Programs written for one interface type will run without modifications on the other interface types.
- J2534 Application Programming Interface available.
- RP1210A Application Programming Interface available.
- HTML-Help and online documentation are included in the CANlib SDK.