Kvaser BlackBird v2
Kvaser BlackBird v2 is a high performance wireless (WLAN – WiFi) communication link for the High Speed CAN bus. More powerful and versatile a WLAN solution than Kvaser’s original BlackBird, Kvaser BlackBird v2 incorporates a new radio chip with up to 75% better range. More onboard memory overcomes potential interruptions to the wireless connection due to the protocol itself or disturbance.
The BlackBird v2’s ability to leverage existing wireless infrastructure makes it ideal for replacing cumbersome cable, accessing hard-to-reach CAN networks, or for monitoring a CANbus while in motion. Based on radio chip that is Wi-Fi certified and meets CE and FCC standards, it works in both Ad Hoc and Infrastructure mode.
Kvaser BlackBird v2 offers user scripting possibility via T-scripts (C language). That allows the user to run real-time communication simulations directly on the device. The Blackbird v2’s API is “device agnostic” and can be used on a tablet, smartphone, or PC.
- WLAN version 802.11b/g/n.
- IP65-rated for protection against water and dust.
- Responds to increased market demand for iOS and Android API with a “device agnostic” HTTP-based REST API (more info on REST)
- Up to 75% increased range.
- Works in AdHoc and Infrastructure mode.
- User scripting in T-scripts (C language).
- Lightweight but highly rugged aluminum housing.
- Polyurethane cabling suitable for extreme environments.
- Galvanic isolation of the CAN bus driver stage to protect the hardware.
- Interfaces the CAN bus with a standard D-SUB connector.
- Configured via USB connection.
- Can be used as a wired interface.
- Operating voltage CAN bus (7 – 40 V DC).
- Messages are time-stamped and synchronized with a precision of 25 microsecond.
- Supports High Speed CAN (ISO 11898-2).
- Supports 11-bit and 29-bit identifiers.
- Temp range -40 – 70 °C
- Weight 200 g
- Length 170 mm
- Height 20 mm
- Galvanic Isolation Yes
- Messages Per Second Receive 15000 mps
- Connectors DSUB 9
Blackbird v2 Introduction