The 10BASE-T1S Media Gateway is a flexible Automotive Ethernet switch and CAN/CAN-FD gateway in one. The device features one 10BASE-T1S port, one Fast Ethernet port, one CAN channel with CAN FD support, and a USB 2.0 port.
The media gateway can be used as a 10BASE-T1S – Ethernet switch (media converter) enabling a bi-directional communication between the 10BASE-T1S port and the standard Ethernet port, or as an Ethernet-CAN(/FD) gateway providing a data bridge between the 10BASE-T1S port (as well as the 100BASE-TX port) and the CAN(/FD) channel. Gateway function for bridging a 10BASE-T1S network and a CAN/CAN FD bus can be easily configured over the embedded web server.
The 10BASE-T1S port supports both CSMA and PLCA modes, and allows for point-to-point and multi-drop network topologies. The port configuration, such as mode, beacon transmission (PLCA coordinator), Node ID / Node count, and bus termination, can be easily set by on-board DIP switches.
- 10BASE-T1S Automotive Ethernet switch
- 10BASE-T1S – CAN(/FD) gateway
- Embedded web server for configuration and status information
- User-programmable firmware (C language SDK available)
- 1x 10BASE-T1S port
- Supports CSMA and PLCA modes
- Supports PLCA coordinator (beacon transmission)
- Supports point-to-point and multi-drop topologies
- Network termination can be easily enabled
- 1x 10/100BASE-TX port with standard RJ-45 connector
- 1x CAN(/FD) channel
- 1x Analogue input, 1x Digital output
- USB Type-C connector (USB 2.0 virtual COM port)
- Status LEDs
- DIP switches for configuration
- Power over USB or terminal block
- Media conversion between 10BASE-T1S and 10/100BASE-TX (standard Ethernet)
- Gateway between 10BASE-T1S and CAN(/FD)
- Gateway between 10/100BASE-TX and CAN(/FD)
- Custom functions and network bridging thanks to a user-programmable MCU and the C language SDK
C language SDK
The user can use the free-of-charge C language SDK to develop a custom device firmware. This provides the user a full control over the MCU and its peripherals, and extends the use-case scenarios. The SDK allows to use the on-board Ethernet switch and the ETH ports (MCU, 10BASE-T1S, 100BASE-TX), CAN(/FD) channel, LEDs, and DIP switches.
Media Gateway Photos
|10BASE-T1S Media Gateway
|Universal bracket for mounting many types of enclosures on a DIN rail
Product will be released in April 2024. Contact us for pre-orders.