SAE J1939 Communication Stack is a complete implementation of J1939 protocol in C language for embedded systems. It is written in ANSI C and is platform independent. The stack is split into several layers. The lowest one, Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), handles the hardware peripherals such as CAN controller and timer. Thanks to this approach, the stack can be easily ported onto any microcontroller.
The stack has been industry-proven and runs on many ECUs of trucks, construction machines and many other applications. By using such an out-of-the-box solution, the user saves development time of a product.
The J1939 Stack supports the following functions of SAE J1939 protocol:
- Address Claim
- Transport Protocol – BAM and CM
- Broadcast and point-to-point communication
- User-defined PGN filtration
- Platform independent
- Can also run on Windows with Kvaser CAN Interfaces
- X-Analyser – software for CAN, CAN FD, LIN bus analysis with SAE J1939 protocol support
- CAN Interfaces