LIN to CAN/RS232 Gateway
The LIN to CAN/RS-232 Gateway can be used to interface LIN bus to CAN or RS-232. It can act as both LIN Master and Slave and since its firmware is customized according to customer’s demands, it can suits all possible scenarios. The gateway is available in two variants – LIN to CAN and LIN to RS-232.
A typical use-case is to control or monitor a LIN bus from a PLC with RS-232 port over the gateway device, or simply to bridge a LIN network to a CAN bus.
The device‘s firmware is customizable on request and can be flashed into the device via CAN bus or RS-232 respectively. Source code examples (CAN, LIN, RS-232, Timer) can be provided on request so that the user can develop his own application based on the device.
- LIN to RS-232 or LIN to CAN Gateway
- Supports LIN v1.x a v2.x
- Supports LIN Master/Slave
- LIN Master’s 1 kOhm pull-up resistor can be enabled by software
- 2x DSUB-9 (1x LIN, 1x CAN or RS-232 respectively)
- Power 9-30 VDC
- 4x LED (3x status, 1x power)
- Reset switch
- Microchip dsPIC33
- Dimensions 108 x 54 x 30 mm
- Can be placed on table or mounted on a DIN rail (a clip needed)
- Firmware upgradable via CAN or RS-232